User Review( votes)
Braised chicken wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 chinese black mushrooms
- 3 scallions
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices ginger root, the size of a quarter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tearspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tearspoons dark soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Cut each chicken wing into 2 pieces at the joint. Soak the mushrooms in water for 30 minutes or until they are soft, and cut off and discard the tough stems. Slice the mushrooms into thin stips. Slice the scallions into matchstick stips.
Heat a wok or skillet over high heat until a drop of water immediately sizzles into a steam. Add the peanut oil, salt and ginger root. Just before the oil begins to smoke, add the chicken wings. Stir-fry for 4 minutes until they are browned.
Add the cabbage, mushrooms, sugar, both soy sauces, and chicken stock. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a small frying pan heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the scallions to the chicken wings along with the sherry